OT ramble

Want to post something not about MCTD? Post it here
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

We all need this, just ramble in here. Discuss. Anything :twisted:
I'm bored, woke up too soon, now I feel sick.
storken
Community Moderator

Just read that now you aren't legally able to agree to enter subscriptions verbally, you will need to sign a paper too. Great for all of those getting scammed by having their calls recorded and edited. In Sweden this is applied I should say.
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

That's weird to hear haha. In the US I'm pretty sure you have to sign a contract to make it legally binding. At least that's what I've always done.
storken
Community Moderator

Think you've been able to agree over the phone. Now they'll have to send a contract for you to sign... Either way, it sort of make over-the-phone-contract-scams ineffective, so I'm happy.
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

My truck is as old as dirt. Over the summer I drove a family members car a few times and it had Bluetooth connectivity on the audio system and I fell in love. My truck only has an aux cable which works perfectly fine but isn't Bluetooth.
So I had this idea of using a raspberry pi to connect via Bluetooth to my phone and output the audio through the rpi to my head unit by aux cord. I took the rpi to school today and during some free time I found a nice Bluetooth library and wrote a few python scripts to automatically connect to my phone.
I was a little surprised it actually worked. I could connect to the rpi and play music on my phone and it would be output through my headphone on the rpi.
This weekend I'm going to mount it in my truck somewhere and see if I can get it wired to the electrical so I don't have to use a portable battery! I'll post pics when it's done!
Once that's done I want to get a screen and write an interface so I can control my phone from the dash.
storken
Community Moderator

Wish I had the skill and creativity to do that. Looking forward to those pics to see it. Have a "pine64" but no idea what to do with it...
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

It's pretty simple actually. There's lots of tutorials out there that give you direct terminal commands. The Pine 64 can run Debian right? I have 3 rpi just sitting around so I'm always looking for something do do with them. I have one running a cloud sever on my local net. With the others I might try to make some kind of processing cluster but idk what I'd use it for.
storken
Community Moderator

I think it can. It's arm64 architecture. Quite sure that it runs Ubuntu arm64 right now. Some sort of remote server could be something.. Just kicking myself that I cheaped out and didn't get the one with wireless wifi...
Bulldog

Using a raspberry pi to connect to a car stereo via Bluetooth is Interesting, and I’m sure you enjoy creating stuff like that, but seems like wasted time. You can buy a Bluetooth aux connector for $26 that works like a champ. Then you just need a cheap phone mount for $10 and you are set.

Mpow Bluetooth Receiver Car, Hands-Free Car Kits/Bluetooth AUX Car Adapter 3 in 1 Dual USB Car Charger & Ground Loop Noise Isolator Car Audio System (HFP/HSP/A2DP/AVRCP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0739RGDFJ/re ... LBb5W2194E

Mpow Car Phone Mount,CD Slot Car Phone Holder Universal Car Cradle Mount with Three-Side Grips and One-Touch Design for iPhone X/8/8Plus/7/7Plus/6s/6P/5S, Galaxy S5/S6/S7/S8, Google, Huawei etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PC29ETE/re ... LBbY9JB9K8
Last edited by Bulldog on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
storken
Community Moderator

Swedish election... Woo... Trash.