Post Development Logs?

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

I try to work on the game every day and when I do, I get some things done, but not a whole lot to where you guys would notice in a Facebook update. I was just wondering if you guys would want me to log some of those little things I do? I'd probably make a new category for it on the forums and post every day that I do something. For example:

8/12/2018
  • Prepped for rider body damping on substantial impacts
  • Re-wrote a portion of CameraPosition script
It may not make a whole lot of sense, but gives you insight to whats going on. I'll probably be the only dev on the team doing this, but maybe if you like it some others may join in. Love to hear your feedback!
MathieuAerts

I find it really interesting because we see that you work on the game Even we cannot understand everything you do, I find it good to have a regular monitoring of your work.
Thank you.
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

Logs causes a weird excitement in me. Nevertheless it's really fun to see that progress is being made. Otherwise you feel like it's at a stand still, likr mxb/mxs at times.
MathieuAerts

yes that's exactly what I think too.
it's exciting to see the progress of the game and especially the regular news :D
Smerwin43
Discord: Smerwin43#8828

Yeah, i don't think storken could've said it any better.
storken
Community Moderator

Also pre-release I think it's good to keep people interested, having small pieces of updates to keep people's heads up, to not forget about it.
MathieuAerts

The problem of the alpha is that we must not disappoint.
I was disappointed with MX bikes at the first BETA. Which frustrated me because I was expecting a lot from this game.
The lack of information from Piboso also disappointed me.

Now here with LCQ Studios, I think here we will not be disappointed. I'm expecting one of the greatest motocross game! :P :P
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Right on. So I've made a category on the main board... Would you guys prefer me to update the first post every log entry or post as a reply?
HunterK155

hodge wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 pm
Right on. So I've made a category on the main board... Would you guys prefer me to update the first post every log entry or post as a reply?
I would do it as a normal post on the topic. Then if any of us reply to an update with a question or feedback, we wouldnt be replying to 30 replies if you'd just keep replying to the last update. If that makes sense.
storken
Community Moderator

A blog would perhaps be ideal, but I personally wouldn't go through the hassle of heading over to it, just to perhaps read news. I think comments are good, but maybe also categorize the 1st post as well with spoilers, if you add that to the forum.

So 1st post could be:

March
28-03-18
Things here, but a spoiler.
February
02-11-18
January
06-01-18

December
12-31-17