All questions thread

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

I doubt it. That's a lot of unnecessary work that will need to be done. Most people will be able to tell if it's good enough to buy from content creators on YouTube and you'll be able to refund it on Steam if you don't end up liking it and play less than 2 hours.
quickvoid

ok cool, thanks for answering
MathieuAerts

Hi
Have you already done the development plan for the kickstarter?
When is it for the plan for donations during the kickstarter?

A kickstarter release date?
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Yep, all the information is pretty much done for the Kickstarter - was done months ago actually because we thought we would already have it up. Kickstarter goal mainly covers software licenses for the team as well as a couple of pieces of hardware to get the guys up to par. I need to keep most of that stuff private for now though. Still no date yet. A couple of the guys have been off and on working for a couple of months, but this weekend we should be back into the swing of things. I'm in the last weeks of school, but I'm allocating extra time to work on the game which includes missing a couple of hours of sleeping in a week, but it's worth it :lol:
mhamadabu05

i have some odd questions...
will the game include self controlled wheelies, if scrapes are possible maybe one handers etc... ?
(oh and i heard there will be an 85cc is that true?)
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

I'm not sure about the wheelies yet, let me get back to you on that. It's definitely a neglected part of games nowadays.
85's, yes.
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

Do you plan to have multi language support at some point granted that you have people that can translate everything? On a related note, iPhone apps etc usually had "swedish.iproj" or something in them (in the past at least), was that strings in 'x' language? Do you plan to do something similar with this game or will it be exclusive to English (don't mind at all)?
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

storken wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:19 pm
Do you plan to have multi language support at some point granted that you have people that can translate everything? On a related note, iPhone apps etc usually had "swedish.iproj" or something in them (in the past at least), was that strings in 'x' language? Do you plan to do something similar with this game or will it be exclusive to English (don't mind at all)?
We can probably do all text assets in other languages pretty easy with localization tools, but once we start doing cutscenes with voices I doubt we'll be able to do that. However, we can probably do sub-titles to match. I want to reach as many people as possible with this game in other countries, but I do know that a ton of money is dumped into localization with larger companies.
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

hodge wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:15 pm
storken wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:19 pm
We can probably do all text assets in other languages pretty easy with localization tools, but once we start doing cutscenes with voices I doubt we'll be able to do that. However, we can probably do sub-titles to match. I want to reach as many people as possible with this game in other countries, but I do know that a ton of money is dumped into localization with larger companies.
Oh voices and stuff, cool! Subtitles is probably all that's needed. I think the community is willing to help out to translate and whatnot :)
Moto818

Hey guys, it has been over a year or so since I first found you guys and followed your first development progresses(sorry about that). If I recall correctly, I remember you guys had plans for 'Chasing the Dream' as a Loretta's based story mode with the growth system I see you are still working on :D. Sponsorships by your success, progression, crash physics, bike malfunctions and damage, etc. were talked about and I wondered if you guys are on a similar path or not with how you want the game to go. A lot of those ideas early on were incredible and something I would've loved to see! But even if you guys have done things
different, I still think looking through your developments this game will be on its own level of creative and hopefully spectacular!
Signing off, Moto818