All questions thread

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Yes, we are still going down that path! We won't be able to call it "Loretta's" because laws, but we hope to present to MX Sports at some point to see if they would want to be a part of it. For now, it will just be generic stuff we come up with but will be in line with the amateur scene.
This is something I posted on Unity Connect a few months ago outlining some of the details. While this post doesn't cover everything we have a super sick story mode in the works that I can't wait to share with you. Our writer is soooo good.
https://connect.unity.com/p/motocross-chasing-the-dream
TS508

I'm kind of worried that with all of the realistic features like tearoffs and having to run back to your bike when you crash this game is going to become MXGP Pro where it tries to be realistic by replicating the worst parts of motocross. Will there be a way to turn those features off in multiplayer?
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Nope, the goal is to create an authentic experience so while it may suck to pull a tear-off or crash, those things are still a part of motocross. We're hoping the consequences of crashing promote cleaner and better racing, and while it may not be perfect at first, we will tweak and balance those features. Milestones games are marketed towards casual players so their features are going to be gimmicky while ours will be as true to real life as possible while still fitting in with the rest of the game's systems.
Moto818

That's fantastic! The storyline looks awesome. Keep up the work, which I am sure you have heard a thousand times over by now :lol:
MathieuAerts

I could read the article found on the site unity! This article gives a dream! I think you've been able to understand all the things that people want to see in a video game. Have you already been able to start the story mode?
Where are you with physics?
New 3D models have been created?

We would like to see so many more things!

Have you been able to advance on the kickstarter?
OttoRocket

I hope it will compete with MX SIM and hopefully be able to come out on top. For my own opinion I just want a game thats the "real deal".

What I mean by that is having an option to make the career real enough that there are bike issues or if you crash bad enough you get injuries like madden where a player is out for a week or 2 etc...

As for game physics I hope the game is as realistic as they come to mx sim type level if not above that.

Can you shed any light on what will actually be accessible in the game? Im sure MX and SX will be part of it, but will...freeride/track editors be part of it?

What kind of bike mods can be done as well? I want the juicy deets lol

Thanks again for all your hard work LCQ! I can't wait for this game to come out NO MATTER how long that takes
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

OttoRocket wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 am
I hope it will compete with MX SIM and hopefully be able to come out on top. For my own opinion I just want a game thats the "real deal".

As for game physics I hope the game is as realistic as they come to mx sim type level if not above that.
As been stated before by Hodge, this game is aimed to be something in the middle of Mx Sim and the "arcade" games. Here's their latest video that shows you what they have for now.
wille923
Discord: wille923#5330

I have a question about the suspension settings. Will it be like real life with clicks and airpressure etc. or more like MXS, with just numbers (you probably know what i mean)
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

How do you feel about how close you are to a kickstarter? Closer than you felt a year ago? I know with projects that sometimes the more you do, the more you feel likw you have left :lol:

What's the approach going to be about the netcode? All racing games so far I've tried has had terrible, even to this day. Only game where semi high ping doesn't result in death is mxsim :shock:
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

storken wrote: How do you feel about how close you are to a kickstarter? Closer than you felt a year ago? I know with projects that sometimes the more you do, the more you feel likw you have left :lol:
With a couple more tweaks on my end, I feel like I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Kickstarter. The only issue right now is our lead environment artist has hit a little snag for the past 4-5 months with his job and it's halted our progress. In no way is that his fault and I'm not blaming him for not having anything because I sure as hell haven't been around as much as I'd like to have been nor do I have as much going on in my life. I'm supposed to have a meeting with him tomorrow night to get back on track with things. It's just been so hard with him, Damien, and I the only ones working on the actual project and when one of those people, most of the time all three of us, have conflicting schedules, a lot of what we have previously thought gets thrown out the window, which is why we haven't set any dates publically. There's a fine balance between all of our roles, and when one role is slowed down significantly, we all get slowed down if that makes sense. That's just one of the side effects of hobbyist indie development and we have to just get our work done on the game when our schedule allows us to.
I think with one solid environment we could very well do a Kickstarter then and with our current tools and talent, I feel like the texturing will be the slowest part. Those with any track making experience in sim probably know that that isn't even that slow.
We'll see though, I'm super excited to talk with Alex tomorrow and see what we can do. I'll hopefully have more info about that relatively soon because multiple people have been asking.
storken wrote: What's the approach going to be about the netcode? All racing games so far I've tried has had terrible, even to this day. Only game where semi high ping doesn't result in death is mxsim :shock:
I have to be completely honest, I have no idea at this time. Our current netcode is super simple but seems to be working fairly well. Like with anything it needs to get it in to everyone's hands so we can put it to the test and see what works and what doesn't. I'm not a networking guy so it's all a learning experiment for me right now haha. If you're interested in our back end you can read about it a little more here https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror

I feel like I took a tangent away from what you were asking; sorry about that lol. I've been at the computer all day and I feel like my brain is fried.