All questions thread

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

ian8811946 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:10 pm
Hey Hodge, I saw your reply on the other things before the forum reset. But any word on if tight Pivot turns might be doable? Possibly have an option to disable them if they might interfere with racing. But they would really let us be creative with trail making.
Since the game is more of an arcade track racing type it probably won't be added right off the get-go, but I have had several people ask me about enduro/trail content so it may be something that I can add in the distant future. It would be way more work than I want to do right now because I'd have to write another steer/lean system on top of the current one that is more touchy and precise. I'll definitely put it on the backlog though.
MathieuAerts

Motocross : Chasing The Dream is dead ? :o
Bulldog

MathieuAerts wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:14 am
Why would you think that? Hodge is definitely still working in it.
MathieuAerts

Bulldog wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 am
MathieuAerts wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:14 am
Why would you think that? Hodge is definitely still working in it.
We haven't had any news since April. It is kind of a shame. A few updates from time to time would have been great.
Bulldog

Yeah, well the coronavirus situation created some issues. Plus he decided to move the project into a new Unity engine (for lack of a better term...I'm not a programmer) that has more capabilities. So I think that required re-writing a lot of the code. But rest assured, it is still being worked on and I'm sure Hodge will have an update in the near future.
MathieuAerts

Bulldog wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:33 pm
Yeah, well the coronavirus situation created some issues. Plus he decided to move the project into a new Unity engine (for lack of a better term...I'm not a programmer) that has more capabilities. So I think that required re-writing a lot of the code. But rest assured, it is still being worked on and I'm sure Hodge will have an update in the near future.
Ok good. Thank you for the information. Good news! :D