MCTD Development Log

The development process of Motocross: Chasing the Dream will be posted here
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

It's a big mess here in the U.S. Everything is closed down except grocery stores and restaurant delivery/drive-throughs. My school is shut down until April 6th and then we are transitioning to online classes.
I will have a lot more time to work on the game, but it's going to take me about a week to get set up on my laptop. I evacuated my apartment in the city to come out to my girlfriend's out in the suburbs so I don't have my desktop. Everything is pretty uncertain right now so I will keep you guys updated the best I can.
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

So, there's going to be a little more of a delay. My school is shutting down all campus housing on Sunday so I'm going back into the city today to get all my stuff out of my apartment. Still figuring out where I'm going to go after haha.
Anyway, stay safe guys. Don't leave your house unless you absolutely need to.
MathieuAerts

Take your time. life and good health is much more important! Take care of yourself and your family :!:
wille923
Discord: wille923#5330

Its kinda weird to see like in the US, where it seems like it is in ”panic mode”, whilst here in Småland (Sweden) schools arent even shut down yet, and everything, except everybody telling you to wash your hands, is pretty much normal, i dont even think the restaurants have shut down yet lol
MathieuAerts

Whats news ? :D
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

I've started porting the project over to HDRP with a huge code refactor, but other than that nothing, sadly. Trying to find a job and a place to live since coronavirus changed every aspect of my life lol.
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

A little update...

I've been moving things over into a new project because the one we have been working with is super cluttered from testing different things and brainstorming new ideas. Now that we have a solid workflow it would be a headache to remove all the things we don't need. That sounds worse than it is but everything is still the way it was in terms of functionality. I've been doing a huge refactor on a lot of code which has been super refreshing. I'm also working on developing a new motor/gearbox combo that behaves more lifelike. The current one has some lifelike traits, but it doesn't operate the way I want it to.
Hopefully, very soon I'll be able to show some more pretty stuff. Going to catch up with the rest of the devs tomorrow night and try to get everyone back on track if possible. We are still shooting for early access this year, probably mid-late summer, but we need to talk about how far out we are since Covid-19 threw a wrench into things. I'll keep you guys updated!
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

Awesome! Good to see progress :D
Bulldog

Good to hear. Stay healthy and code on!
MathieuAerts

God news! Thanks for this one! :)

I thought of something. It would be nice, once you can, to explain your current development plan compared to the original plan. Who works on what. Who does what. How your team is made up. Where is the development of the game? I'm not talking about physics but about the other things that surround the game. The menus, the career mode, the personalization of the bike, of the rider. The multiplayer? What will be available in beta? Could we play with several? Collisions are ok? These are full of questions that I ask myself. It would be great for everyone to know a little more about the current stage of development.

Thanks for what you do. Thank you for your work. Continue like this and stay healthy.