MCTD Development Log

The development process of Motocross: Chasing the Dream will be posted here
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

I think that's a great idea. It might be beneficial to throw together a roadmap hosted on the main site.
I also want to get the other guys posting too though.
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

The meeting that I was talking about the other day got pushed back til tomorrow so I’ll bring it up there for us to discuss.
MathieuAerts

Great, we're waiting for news from this meeting.
Thank you.
MathieuAerts

hi team.
how are you?
Did the meeting go well?
is everyone healthy?

we are waiting for good news!
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've really been focusing on my school work lately because I graduate in about 2 weeks.

There really isn't too much going on right now, but we talked about what we want to have ready for the first early access release.

Here is a list of things that we plan on having done/ready for the early access release.
  • Physics
    • Realistic powertrain - engine, transmission, clutch etc.
    • Realistic(ish) in-air - physics based on angular momentum and torque
    • Arcade style turning and leaning
    • Traction based on Pacejka tire friction model for different surfaces
  • New rider physics based animation system
  • Multiplayer
    • Race system
      • Laps
      • Time
      • Freeride
  • Track editor
  • Tutorials
    • Customization - bike skins
    • Track editing
MathieuAerts

First, I would already like to congratulate you on your diploma! I keep my fingers crossed so that the next two weeks are good.

Then .... Where is the place to pre-order the game? lol

It's a great plan! I can't wait to see more about the game.
The track editor is already ready? Can we have a little video?
Good luck for the future.

We are waiting for good news.
MathieuAerts

Do you have a communication plan?

No news...
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

What's up guys?

Sorry for the lack of communication lately. Lots of things going in my life right now. I'm fresh out of college and searching for a job like a mad man, but everything is a little weird right now with the current situation of the world. Hope every one is doing well.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've been hard at work on the game putting in 5-7 hours a day the past couple of weeks. As I said before, I have been rewriting a lot of the code in a new project to make it cleaner and more efficient now that we are mostly done testing stuff out. There were just way too many unused assets in our other project to sift through and delete like textures, models, scripts, and other files. I personally think I am back to where I was before the rewrite minus the rider. I think I mentioned above, but I plan on rewriting the rider's physics animation system from the ground up which will be a huge task since that is the biggest thing people complain about in videos and stuff.

These are my tasks to get done for the early access release and while it is close, there is still a ton of stuff to do.

Lastly, for my 500th post, I am announcing (while maybe not that exciting of an announcement) that I am bringing back the daily development log. That is what this topic was originally intended for so I need to start it back up again. I will be posting like I used to for now, but I am looking at other solutions to display the daily log so I don't have to spend a lot of time formatting the post. That is the main reason why I quit doing it last summer.

Keep an eye out in the first post for daily updates. I have already added what I have done this week.
We should have some more pretty stuff for you soon. Unfortunately, it's just Skymx99 and I directly working in the project now, but we have a gameplan to get this thing out, we just have to keep ourselves moving and getting stuff done.

(Here's a link to the first page of this topic so you don't have to scroll down lol) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14
MathieuAerts

Great and good news !!
Having daily updates is cool! It will bring back the community.

Maybe a system in Steam to release the updates? And on the home page of the forum, or on the home page of the site?
quickvoid

g'day guys its great to see you back in development, i wish you all the best of luck in the future. cannot wait to see where this project goes