First person/ Perspective

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
wille923
Discord: wille923#5330

Will first person work like Mx sim where you set height and angle and you cant look around? Will you be able to look around?
Will you have goggle cam?
Tear/roll offs?
Will you be able to set where the character positions on the bike default? (say the character is longer back where you would see more of the handle bar etc. So instead of say standing in the front part off the saddle like in MXS where you would drop forward in the air you would lean back automatic (all the time, not just air))
Will height matter in first person?
(like on 85’s the perspective will be closer to the ground)
Speaking of height, will you be able to choose height on the character?
Would that affect appearance?

Have you planned to do something different with the cameras (goggle cam, tear offs, any special cam etc)?

I thought ive hade whilst i played mx sim in first person is points that the character automatically looks towards, like we do in real life. It feels weird to take a corner in mx sim when you take a corner and midcorner you just look straight ahead instead of where you going.
Would make first person a lot nicer in my opinion atleast.
storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

wille923 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:30 am
Will first person work like Mx sim where you set height and angle and you cant look around? Will you be able to look around?
Will you have goggle cam?
Tear/roll offs?
Will height matter in first person?
(like on 85’s the perspective will be closer to the ground)
Speaking of height, will you be able to choose height on the character?
Would that affect appearance?

Have you planned to do something different with the cameras (goggle cam, tear offs, any special cam etc)?

I thought ive hade whilst i played mx sim in first person is points that the character automatically looks towards, like we do in real life. It feels weird to take a corner in mx sim when you take a corner and midcorner you just look straight ahead instead of where you going.
Would make first person a lot nicer in my opinion atleast.
Tear off's, I think so. Think it has been mentioned before. Since Hodge is MIA, I'll take my best guesses.

Cameras: Since physics, models, animations etc isn't finished, I would assume not too much attention has been given to different camera angles, but I would assume some options will be given all along the game's development. Working with an already existing game engine gives a bit more flexibility than what mxsim does, as far as I've understood.

To be honest, VR is making perfect sense in any racing game. What sucks in normal arcade games is that you never have a proper feeling of how you lean or where the bike is. If you implement VR, you're in total control where you look. IMO mxsim is this far the best 1st person experience, well, maybe mxbikes's VR is better (haven't tried it). So for as long as VR isn't taking off, we'll always have to compromise in 1st person angles. It'll depend a lot of how the lean physics is of MCTD. In mxsim you need to work the physics while normal arcade games the game itself straightens you out.

Choosing height would cause a debate of what the best height is to be, not what you want. As with a taller body you could leverage your length for perhaps bigger seatbounces and handle rough stuff better. Would be better to maybe have fixed sizes, but for different classes. 140lb 5"5 rider for 125cc, same for 250f. Then 250 2t and 450f you'd have 165lb 5"9, as an example. Then whatever suits 85cc.

My best guess is that we'll have a first version, then improve on that and give wishes and feedback on it's functionality and features.