The development process of Motocross: Chasing the Dream will be posted here
Bulldog

Re: Development Suggestions

Post by Bulldog » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:19 pm

hodge wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 pm
Bulldog wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm
Any plans for VR? I just saw a YouTube video of MX Bikes in VR and it looks pretty cool.
Yes. I've done a little bit already with the VR headsets we have at school, but it's very basic as of now and doesn't feel quite right. It will be developed further in the future though.
Cool!
1 x

MathieuAerts

Post by MathieuAerts » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:46 am

It's a very good idea!
I tried with an Oculus Rift CV1 on Mx bikes and I was very impressed!
2 x

wille923

Post by wille923 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:27 pm

okay, so i have an idea ive been thinking about for a long time, and especially when i saw the latest post (as of 5 january 2019)

when you ride a race or practice or whatever, you will get tired. What i think being tired in a game means probably that its a very small delay, that gets bigger and bigger the more tired and longer in in the race. he (or she???:) ) will probably make more mistakes like with the leg at the corners (Waddle with the feet at the ground) and will probably not pop wheelies as good (like over whoops) (because the [/size]arms are tired). the faster, more aggresive you are in the corners, with the throttle, with the brakes, the more tired you get, as in real life. you get the idea i think.

i dont know anything about coding so i dont know if its simple or hard, though i guess its kinda hard because no one has ever done it what i know of. this is probably really hard to do, and i dont blame you. But it would be fun the see something from this list atleast

oh wait! i forgot. How do you get rid of this?

My idea is that you have to ride often ingame, as you need in the real world, and you've already showed us strenght training. if you could go out and jog/ run etc, just to keep the cardio in place, you're ready to go. this would probably change up a lot in the pro scene though, so it should totally be an option. But it whould be so cool if a game really captures how it is to be a motocross pro, how mutch dedication it takes. i think this post went really hardcore but it would be so cool, rewarding for those who went full in etc. iam full blown by this concept and i could write about this for hours but, i think you guys get the idea!
im holding my thumbs for this game to be the next MX game!
1 x

storken

Post by storken » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 am

wille923 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:27 pm
when you ride a race or practice or whatever, you will get tired.

I dont know anything about coding so i dont know if its simple or hard, though i guess its kinda hard because no one has ever done it what i know of. this is probably really hard to do, and i dont blame you. But it would be fun the see something from this list atleast
Depending on how you would implement this, no it wouldn't be too hard. You'd first just need to figure out if it'll only be online or offline etc, but after that, it'd be somewhat easy. You'd set a timer and after 'x' time (let's assume 10 minutes) you'd let the variables/limits for the rider decrease on a random based scale by z%. Like:

At 0-10 minutes you have full strength.

After 10 minutes and onward to a maximum of 30 minutes, you'll interpolate values max-min:
  • Braking will be delayed from 0-100ms
  • Lean angle/sliding out will be affected by 0-7°
  • Fall-off by casing/overjump will be lessened by 2-15%
You would have to run 2 randomizers in the background, one calculating chance and one velocity for given thing. Nor am I an educated developer, but I have some knowledge and think this could be done in a relatively simple manner.
wille923 wrote:
WorkoutShow
My idea is that you have to ride often ingame, as you need in the real world, and you've already showed us strength training. if you could go out and jog/ run etc, just to keep the cardio in place, you're ready to go. this would probably change up a lot in the pro scene though, so it should totally be an option. But it whould be so cool if a game really captures how it is to be a motocross pro, how mutch dedication it takes. i think this post went really hardcore but it would be so cool, rewarding for those who went full in etc. iam full blown by this concept and i could write about this for hours but, i think you guys get the idea!
I am however not a fan of this. This would punish people who may be skilled, but doesn't have time to spend each and every day "working out", like I'd suffer from this since I won't be by my pc every other week pretty much. Also it'd be a chicken race of kids having time to press "P" to do push ups. The idea is cool, but I don't think it has place in a motocross game.
2 x

MathieuAerts

Post by MathieuAerts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:03 am

I agree with you. The idea of fatigue would be cool to put in place. your reflection is very good and I think that it is possible to put in place. What do you think Hodje?

we could even vary the values according to the texture of the circuit, and also according to the circuit (Motocross or Supercross)

now this is not a priority! I think that once the physics is over, it will be necessary to set up the kickstarter and then work on the details (different engine, animations, and all that you have planned).

Besides, could we have a list of the different things planned in the game?
1 x

wille923

Post by wille923 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:56 pm

storken wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 am
wille923 wrote:
when you ride a race or practice or whatever, you will get tired.

I dont know anything about coding so i dont know if its simple or hard, though i guess its kinda hard because no one has ever done it what i know of. this is probably really hard to do, and i dont blame you. But it would be fun the see something from this list atleast
Depending on how you would implement this, no it wouldn't be too hard. You'd first just need to figure out if it'll only be online or offline etc, but after that, it'd be somewhat easy. You'd set a timer and after 'x' time (let's assume 10 minutes) you'd let the variables/limits for the rider decrease on a random based scale by z%. Like:

At 0-10 minutes you have full strength.

After 10 minutes and onward to a maximum of 30 minutes, you'll interpolate values max-min:
  • Braking will be delayed from 0-100ms
  • Lean angle/sliding out will be affected by 0-7°
  • Fall-off by casing/overjump will be lessened by 2-15%
You would have to run 2 randomizers in the background, one calculating chance and one velocity for given thing. Nor am I an educated developer, but I have some knowledge and think this could be done in a relatively simple manner.
wille923 wrote:
WorkoutShow
My idea is that you have to ride often ingame, as you need in the real world, and you've already showed us strength training. if you could go out and jog/ run etc, just to keep the cardio in place, you're ready to go. this would probably change up a lot in the pro scene though, so it should totally be an option. But it whould be so cool if a game really captures how it is to be a motocross pro, how mutch dedication it takes. i think this post went really hardcore but it would be so cool, rewarding for those who went full in etc. iam full blown by this concept and i could write about this for hours but, i think you guys get the idea!
I am however not a fan of this. This would punish people who may be skilled, but doesn't have time to spend each and every day "working out", like I'd suffer from this since I won't be by my pc every other week pretty much. Also it'd be a chicken race of kids having time to press "P" to do push ups. The idea is cool, but I don't think it has place in a motocross game.
I think it should be completely opitional, atleast in multiplayer, and it should probably not be real time in story/singleplayer mode. I get that your not really a fan of this, because as said, everyone cant play all day every week, so i think servers should have 3 options
1. On, its completely switched on, having you to train to be in the ”top”
2. Partly on, it is switched on, but the same for every on (would be cool if you could do custom settings)
3. Off, its completely switched off, no one gets tired and its like how it is in every other motocross game
And the idea off pressing a button, i dont really like that idea either. It should probably be one, or more (changeable) of these:
1.Pressing and dragging similar to uso (or osu or what ever) but controlling different parts of your body to do certain stuff.
2. Button combinations
3. VR, for those with VR headsets.
another idea would be putting up an schedule for your guy ingame, like when you cant play. It should probably be just 80% of increased skills (cardio etc.) so it wouldnt be as rewarding to not play, but if you balance it very good(shedule) you’ll still have a shot. train too much, and you are going to get burnt out, and does’nt have energy left to compete with the top in races. Train to little, and you’ll end up in the same situation, because you’ll still get tired. I think this gives people like you, storken; still a good chance.
Oh: stamina, for the whole weekend? Like if you rip too hard at practice and qual. You’ll end upp similiar to the burnout but just for the weekend and like say 2 days afterwards.
(Im feeling like im probably going too hardcore sim rn, and a little bit demanding, but, i would love a game that really mirrors the life of an real motocross/supercross pro)
i really love the fact that you guys making this game, are getting in touch with the community, because i feel like i also can be a part of making this game, i feel like i can ”affect” the game with my ideas.
1 x

storken

Post by storken » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 am

wille923 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:56 pm
Workout ideasShow
I think it should be completely opitional, atleast in multiplayer, and it should probably not be real time in story/singleplayer mode. I get that your not really a fan of this, because as said, everyone cant play all day every week, so i think servers should have 3 options
2. Partly on, it is switched on, but the same for every on (would be cool if you could do custom settings)
3. Off, its completely switched off, no one gets tired and its like how it is in every other motocross game
And the idea off pressing a button, i dont really like that idea either. It should probably be one, or more (changeable) of these:
1.Pressing and dragging similar to uso (or osu or what ever) but controlling different parts of your body to do certain stuff.
2. Button combinations
another idea would be putting up an schedule for your guy ingame, like when you cant play. It should probably be just 80% of increased skills (cardio etc.) so it wouldnt be as rewarding to not play, but if you balance it very good(shedule) you’ll still have a shot. train too much, and you are going to get burnt out, and does’nt have energy left to compete with the top in races. Train to little, and you’ll end up in the same situation, because you’ll still get tired. I think this gives people like you, storken; still a good chance.
Oh: stamina, for the whole weekend? Like if you rip too hard at practice and qual. You’ll end upp similiar to the burnout but just for the weekend and like say 2 days afterwards.
(Im feeling like im probably going too hardcore sim rn, and a little bit demanding, but, i would love a game that really mirrors the life of an real motocross/supercross pro)
i really love the fact that you guys making this game, are getting in touch with the community, because i feel like i also can be a part of making this game, i feel like i can ”affect” the game with my ideas.
Instead of having workout stuff, I'd like to see a thorough server control system like enforcing some settings. These settings could range from:
  • Tired rider variation
  • Manual gearing
  • "Pro physics" if we get something like that
  • Start the bike manually after falling off the bike
  • Longer to get back and ride after a crash
  • Run out or fuel/battery
I personally think that having to "do" a workout, or schedule it either wouldn't be used or that people would be annoyed with it. Don't take my comments like I'm trashing your ideas, I'm just trying to see what I/others might think about it.
0 x

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 pm

I think the idea of the rider getting tired as a race goes on is interesting. But all the training/workout stuff to "be at the top"? No. To be good at most games you already need to play the game often...that should be enough "training". That's my 2 cents on the subject.
0 x

wille923

Post by wille923 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 pm

storken wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 am
wille923 wrote:
Workout ideasShow
2. Button combinations
Instead of having workout stuff, I'd like to see a thorough server control system like enforcing some settings. These settings could range from:
  • Tired rider variation
  • Manual gearing
I personally think that having to "do" a workout, or schedule it either wouldn't be used or that people would be annoyed with it. Don't take my comments like I'm trashing your ideas, I'm just trying to see what I/others might think about it.
So you mean somewhat of mxgp pros settings, how they done that when you create a server, if you played it u know what i mean
0 x

storken

Post by storken » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:17 pm

wille923 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 pm
SpoilerShow
storken wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 am
wille923 wrote:
Workout ideasShow
2. Button combinations
  • Tired rider variation
  • Manual gearing
So you mean somewhat of mxgp pros settings, how they done that when you create a server, if you played it u know what i mean
I've only really played mxgp 1 for 1h ish hour in that series, but I can imagine it's the same idea.
0 x