All questions thread

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
MathieuAerts

Re: All questions thread

Post by MathieuAerts » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:47 am

Well. A lot of good news.
I wish the meeting is going well!
Keep working and you will be rewarded at the kickstarter!
I can not wait to find out more about it. ;)
0 x

storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

Post by storken » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:11 am

hodge wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:41 am
storken wrote: How do you feel about how close you are to a kickstarter? Closer than you felt a year ago? I know with projects that sometimes the more you do, the more you feel likw you have left :lol:
Real life stuff
Really get that you have little to no time when juggling work || / && school. (coding reference, plz laugh) Me myself at this time would have around 5-10h every other week if I'm lucky. Happy you're making amy progress and hope that you can keep chugging away at it.
hodge wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:41 am
storken wrote: What's the approach going to be about the netcode? All racing games so far I've tried has had terrible, even to this day. Only game where semi high ping doesn't result in death is mxsim :shock:
I have to be completely honest, I have no idea at this time. Our current netcode is super simple but seems to be working fairly well. Like with anything it needs to get it in to everyone's hands so we can put it to the test and see what works and what doesn't. I'm not a networking guy so it's all a learning experiment for me right now haha. If you're interested in our back end you can read about it a little more here https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror

I feel like I took a tangent away from what you were asking; sorry about that lol. I've been at the computer all day and I feel like my brain is fried.
Nah you got all the answers I needed :) From reading the describtion, it sound what you need. Less than 6k lines of code for that is pretty impressive too.
0 x

quickvoid

Post by quickvoid » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 am

hey i was wondering if you could possibly add personal spotify playlists into the game and listen to it whilst playinjg the game
0 x

storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

Post by storken » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:28 pm

quickvoid wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 am
hey i was wondering if you could possibly add personal spotify playlists into the game and listen to it whilst playinjg the game
What would the difference be than just having it play in the background?
0 x

hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Post by hodge » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 pm

I can add some Spotify controls that would turn off in-game audio if we have any.
1 x

MathieuAerts

Post by MathieuAerts » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:14 am

Hello,
How was your meeting?
Do you have more idea about the kickstarter?
0 x

PublicHarmony

Post by PublicHarmony » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Will there be Ai in the game? If so will it be actually hard as it seems to never be hard enough in most games?
0 x

wille923
Discord: wille923#5330

Post by wille923 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 am

PublicHarmony wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:55 pm
Will there be Ai in the game? If so will it be actually hard as it seems to never be hard enough in most games?
I think they have said they will have a progressing AI, so when you learn the game the AI get better and better.
1 x