Bike unlocks/parts

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
Slippryskilz

Bike unlocks/parts

Post by Slippryskilz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 pm

I was just wondering how you unlock bike parts as you progress the game. Will it be like All out where you get credits and purchase the parts, or like alive where you just do races with a bike and you get factory parts just for racing? I personally would prefer all out, but I would also like to see a certain amount of experience to be able to buy the next bike up (ect: 250-450) and to get the 450’s you need to complete a certain 250 series. I just wanted to know how the unlocks system will work.

Thanks for the updates, and keep up the good work!
-Sir. Skilz :D
2 x

storken

Re: Bike unlocks/parts

Post by storken » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 am

Is there even an unlock system? I've never imagined one being there, but more as mxsim where you already have everything. Rather than unlocking parts, I would have stock and factory bikes. Never really been a fan of unlocking parts and stuff, especially not since microtransactions became a thing. That made it so much more grindy, no fun in trying to unlock everything.

We'll see what any of the team says when they get on :)
0 x

Desmond

Post by Desmond » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:48 am

We plan to have a ranking system for each rider that crosses over multiplayer and singleplayer ( still debating if we mix or not ) so racing will be more skilled based and competitive as you get matched with riders of your skill... depends on player base really though. as far as unlocking parts and things we run into some problems. we have no licensing on them so right now its a waiting game on that. we may offer to swap pipes and all that with custom made parts but possibly just have the bike performance the same.. all of this is a WIP and scheduled to change.
1 x

MathieuAerts

Post by MathieuAerts » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:39 pm

I think it does not matter at first not to have differences depending on the parts.

as for unlocking, I am of the opinion of separating the multiplayer and the solo.

to see for other people.

what are you working on right now?
0 x

storken

Post by storken » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm

How would you have a "skill" based single player system?, would it be against AI's? That it automatically matches your skill level or that you could chose Novice/Amateur/Intermediate/Pro yourself as degree of difficulty?
0 x

hodge
Site Admin

Post by hodge » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

storken wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm
would it be against AI's?
We may have machine learning in the works to analyze multiplayer racers to allow the AI to get faster and smarter ;)
2 x

MathieuAerts

Post by MathieuAerts » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:38 pm

An AI that can evolve! That's the biggest news! Thank you Hodge for this game that will be, I'm sure, the biggest motocross game !!
1 x