Post by WilliamSnowWBR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Questions about how Online will work.
leagues, 3rd party or ran by the devs?
0 x

hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Re: Online Questions

Post by hodge » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Servers will be officially hosted by LCQ Studios for a while, but we plan to release our server software for 3rd party use.
Not going into too much detail as we don't have it all planned out yet -
  • LCQ Studios will host official events and series
    • We will have an online system to keep track of your race number, team, race stats etc
    • Amateur and pro skill classes comparable to real life
  • 3rd party hosters like RF, EMF and SimRaces can host their own series with access to our online player stats.
Any track can be used for any number of laps and/or timed races.
0 x

Christian123

Post by Christian123 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 pm

So emf could run series through lcq? That would be so dope!
0 x

storken
Community Moderator
Discord: StorkeN#6883

Post by storken » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Due to a few reasons, I hope 3rd party servers will wait a little before being launched. Both to get people used to getting online and racing plus getting the server software ready. Lastly to not divide all players right from launch, but to keep a close knit community feeling.
1 x

Christian123

Post by Christian123 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 pm

I hope we can be spectators with just our rider without the bike like real life. Put our bikes on stands, track walk before races, etc.
0 x

hodge
LCQ Studios Staff

Post by hodge » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 am

storken wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 pm
Due to a few reasons, I hope 3rd party servers will wait a little before being launched. Both to get people used to getting online and racing plus getting the server software ready. Lastly to not divide all players right from launch, but to keep a close knit community feeling.
Exactly, we ned to make sure the server software is secure and like you said we don't want to divide the community especially when it's small and vulnerable. We've started on a matchmaking system where users can create lobbies and set the rules or just randomly find a lobby and enter it. Similar to MXB, but without the 3rd party servers and clunky match settings while in the lobby itself.
Christian123 wrote: I hope we can be spectators with just our rider without the bike like real life. Put our bikes on stands, track walk before races, etc.
We have played with that idea, but we're not exactly sure if we are going to do it or not. There will be a spectate mode for sure, but we might even allow riding in "warmup" like MXS. Its still up for debate since we are just getting multiplayer to function properly at the moment.
0 x

storken
Community Moderator

Post by storken » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 am

hodge wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 am
Exactly, we ned to make sure the server software is secure and like you said we don't want to divide the community especially when it's small and vulnerable. We've started on a matchmaking system where users can create lobbies and set the rules or just randomly find a lobby and enter it. Similar to MXB, but without the 3rd party servers and clunky match settings while in the lobby itself.
Felt like when the 24/7 rent servers came up, it died a bit, especially JLV's servers, where the SX was always packed. Close to impossible to fill more than a 10 man gate, sadly. Now it's just "let's get onto my/my mates server" instead of riding with random people in the community.
hodge wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 am
We have played with that idea, but we're not exactly sure if we are going to do it or not. There will be a spectate mode for sure, but we might even allow riding in "warmup" like MXS. Its still up for debate since we are just getting multiplayer to function properly at the moment.
I think the /togglespy mode would be nice to have, spec your friends and stuff. A freecam or warmup would be cool too, but not as important.
0 x

Timothyvep

Online Questions

Post by Timothyvep » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 am

An online visual novel? I wonder how that would work. Do you design your own characters or something, interact with the same NPCs etc. and what about gameplay? D:
0 x

storken
Community Moderator

Post by storken » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:15 am

Timothyvep wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 am
An online visual novel? I wonder how that would work. Do you design your own characters or something, interact with the same NPCs etc. and what about gameplay? D:
Freeride storymode? Actually not bad! Cool, but wonder if it would be hard to come up with tasks. Not to mention be able to make a big enough, interesting map :shock:
0 x

AmazingPotato128

Post by AmazingPotato128 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:58 pm

storken wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:15 am
Timothyvep wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 am
Freeride storymode? Actually not bad! Cool, but wonder if it would be hard to come up with tasks. Not to mention be able to make a big enough, interesting map :shock:
Moto-Skyrim?
0 x