All questions thread

Post anything about Motocross: Chasing the Dream here
storken
Community Moderator
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:53 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: All questions thread

Post by storken » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:20 am

No idea what you're talking about, do you have a picture?
0 x

User avatar
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: All questions thread

Post by hodge » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am

I think it's spam I meant to delete last night. We get alot of users like that idk how they're getting through.
0 x

User avatar
Bulldog
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Re: All questions thread

Post by Bulldog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:42 pm

hodge wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am
I think it's spam I meant to delete last night. We get alot of users like that idk how they're getting through.
I used to admin a forum that ran XenForo. Even with all the fancy SPAM filtering they included for new user signup, some of the bots were getting through. I ended up having to go to a completely manual approval for new users to completely stop them, which usually wasn't too bad but occasionally it was a pain if there were a lot of new user sign ups. Luckily the SPAM filter blocked most of the bots so I only had a couple now and then that got through and most of the users waiting for approval were legitimate.

the TwistedDirt.com forum still has a lot of bots signing up posting porn and other crap. Unfortunately the version of SimpleMachines we are running there doesn't have very good SPAM/Bot prevention.
Last edited by Bulldog on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

storken
Community Moderator
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:53 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: All questions thread

Post by storken » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:33 pm

hodge wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am
I think it's spam I meant to delete last night. We get alot of users like that idk how they're getting through.
Gave it the benefit of the doubt that it was a really poor translation haha.
0 x

Dxrkwave
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:23 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: All questions thread

Post by Dxrkwave » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:01 am

Will you consider using official decals and sponsors? Like Redbull KTM, Monster Kawa and Yamaha, Geico & HRC honda, Rockstar Husky? Would be awesome to create a full competition bike full of decals from sponsors etc. Those things are really missing in todays Motocross games. I know it is a lot to ask because you might have to ask for these rights to use it in the game. But with the editor that is made, it would be so perfect!
0 x

AmazingPotato128
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:10 am

Re: All questions thread

Post by AmazingPotato128 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Dxrkwave wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:01 am
Will you consider using official decals and sponsors? Like Redbull KTM, Monster Kawa and Yamaha, Geico & HRC honda, Rockstar Husky? Would be awesome to create a full competition bike full of decals from sponsors etc. Those things are really missing in todays Motocross games. I know it is a lot to ask because you might have to ask for these rights to use it in the game. But with the editor that is made, it would be so perfect!
Going off that, will mods be ok to use real life sponsors? I know PIPE mods are being taken down by the creator due to him being in trouble for copyright. Will it be like Sim where anything goes, or are you guys going to have to crack down on real life stuff all together?
0 x

User avatar
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: All questions thread

Post by hodge » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:58 am

All of the name brands won't be able to be used by us unless we get the licenses to use them which is going to be hard. If we do use them we'll get sued most definitely.
That goes for bike mods too. While you'll be able to customize your graphics, you wont be able to actually customize the parts. Ex, importing an FMF pipe from mxs to use in mctd. All of our models will be locked down to parts we supply like iRacing does it. As mentioned in other threads, we may open the game up to user models in the future, but for now we have to stay as strict as possible while still giving customization freedom over that restriction.
1 x

AmazingPotato128
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:10 am

Re: All questions thread

Post by AmazingPotato128 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:29 pm

hodge wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:58 am
All of the name brands won't be able to be used by us unless we get the licenses to use them which is going to be hard. If we do use them we'll get sued most definitely.
That goes for bike mods too. While you'll be able to customize your graphics, you wont be able to actually customize the parts. Ex, importing an FMF pipe from mxs to use in mctd. All of our models will be locked down to parts we supply like iRacing does it. As mentioned in other threads, we may open the game up to user models in the future, but for now we have to stay as strict as possible while still giving customization freedom over that restriction.
Aight. Sucks that you guys have to use licenses for user mods though. Unless we can excpect some awesome stock parts from you guys :D :D
0 x

User avatar
hodge
LCQ Studios Staff
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: All questions thread

Post by hodge » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:39 pm

No license for user mods, we just don’t want to support them right now. Would be a huge headache that’s why I said maybe in the future. We’ll be sure to make some sick stock stuff though.
4 x

quickvoid
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 am
Location: Australia

Re: All questions thread

Post by quickvoid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am

hey this question has prob already been answered but i thought i'd ask, when the games comes out will there be like one version on steam and a free to play demo on the website.
0 x

Post Reply